Discipline and Good Conduct
Every student, during his / her tenure of the course, shall be under disciplinary jurisdiction of the competent authority which shall take appropriate action, in case of indiscipline / misconduct on part of the student.
Definitions : In these rules unless the context otherwise requires
- 'Student' means and includes one who is enrolled at Dr. Vitthalrao Vikhe Patil Foundation’s Medical college for receiving instructions & qualifying for any Degree or Diploma or Certificate of the University.
- 'Institution' means & includes Medical College and Hospital Campus, Hostels, Playground, Libraries, Gymnasium there-of.
- 'Competent Authority’ for the purpose of these rules means and includes the Principal of Dr. Vitthalrao Vikhe Patil Foundation’s Medical college.
Obligation of the Students: Every student shall at all times
- Good conduct.
- Maintain proper behavior.
- Observe strict discipline both within the campus and also outside the premises.
- Ensure that no act of his / her, consciously or unconsciously brings the institution or any establishment or authority connected with it into disrepute.
- Shall not lodge any complaint or make any representation regarding any matter connected with the institution to press or other outside institution / agency etc. without forwarding the same through the head of the institution.
Misconduct / Indiscipline : Any act of a student which is contrary to the provisions of clause (3) shall constitute misconduct & or indiscipline which in terms shall mean & includes, other any one or more of the acts jointly or severally, mentioned here in after, namely
- Any act that directly or indirectly causes or attempts to cause disturbance in the lawful functioning of the institution.
- Habitual in not attending lectures, practical’s, tutorials and other related academic activities as may be prescribed.
- Canvassing for or accepting contributions or otherwise, associating himself with raising of any funds or any collections in cash or in kind in pursuance of any object what so ever without the previous sanction of the competent authority.
- Occupation of any building such as hostel room, residential quarter or such accommodation in the premises owned or hired by the institution, without prior permission from the competent authority.
- Permitting any Non-authorized person to occupy hostel room, residential quarter or any accommodation or any part there-of, of the institution.
- Securing admission, to any undergraduate or postgraduate or any other course by fabrication or suppression of facts or information.
- Obstruction to any student or group of students in his or their legitimate activities as such, whether in the classroom, laboratories, field, playground, gymnasium or places of social & cultural activity within the campus of the institution.
- Suppressing material information or supply of false information to the institution, for seeking any privilege.
- Possessing or using any fire arms, lethal weapons, explosives or dangerous or corrosive substances in the institution's premises.
- Possessing or consuming any poisonous or stupefying drug or intoxicant, in any form, in the institution.
- Possessing of camera, mobile / cell with camera in the lecture theater, library etc.
- Ragging, bullying or harassing any student in the campus or outside there-of.
- Indulging in any act as would cause annoyance or embarrassment to other students, staff member or any member of the family of the staff or member of the authorities of the institution.
- Indulging in any act of violence, assault intimidation or threatening within the or outside the campus.
- Destroying or attempting to destroy or temper with any official record or document of the institution.
- Conduct unbecoming of the student at any meeting or special functions or sports & cultural activities arranged by the institution or at any other public place.
- Stealing or damaging any farm produce or any property belonging to the institution, staff member of the institution or any other student
- Instigation violence or participating in any demonstrations or agitation or strike in the institution.
- Instigation or participating in any gherao of any official or staff member of the institution.
- Violating of any of the rules & regulations of the institution or orders of the competent authority.
- Gambling in any form in the institution
- Disorderly behavior in any form or any act specifically forbidden by the competent authority.
- Refusal to appear to give evidence before inquiry officer appointed by the competent authority with respect to a charge against him.
- Any act violating any provision of the MUHS Act 1998 statutes, ordinances rules made there under.
- Conviction in the court of law for criminal offence, involving modern turpitude
- Any other act not specifically mentioned hereto before which , whether by commission or omission as would in the circumstances of the case be considered by the competent authority as an act of misconduct & or indiscipline.
Punishment/s : The competent authority may impose any one or more of the following punishment/s on the students found guilty of misconduct or indiscipline.
- Warning /Censure/reprimand.
- Cancellation of the scholarship/award/prize/medal/awarded to the student by the concern institution with prospective effect .
- Expulsion from the concerned institution.
- Debarring from the admission to a course or courses of study in the concern institution.
- Debarring from appearing for examination/s conducted by the institution concerned, for a specific period not exceeding five years.
- Rustication from the institution for the period not exceeding five years.
- F.I.R. will be lodged if student he / her self involved in ragging.
PROCEDURE FOR ENQUIRY : If the competent authority is satisfied that there is a prima facie case for inflecting penalties mention in Clause No.5 it may itself or through other person/s, authorized by it for this purpose, shall make inquiry in following manner.
- Due notice in writing shall be given to the student concerned about his alleged act of misconduct / indiscipline.
- Student charged, shall be required to submit his written representation about surcharges, within 15 days of the notice.
- If the student submits his written representation within the specified time limit, the enquiry may be held by experts.
- If oral evidence of the witness against student is recorded by the enquiry authority, the student in exchange shall be given an opportunity to cross examine the witness concern.
- If the student charged desires to see the relevant documents as are being taken into consideration or are to be relied upon for the purpose of proving the charges, may at the discretion of the enquiry authority be shown to him after the notice as provided in Sub Clause(1) if furnished to him.
- The student charged shall be required to produce documents if any in support of his defense.
The enquiry authority may admit relevant evidence, documentary or otherwise at any stage before the final orders are passed.
- Legal practitioner shall not be allowed to appear on behalf of the student charged, in the proceeding before the enquiry authority.
- Enquiry authority shall record findings on catch implication of misconduct or indiscipline & the reasons for such findings & submit the report along with proceedings to the competent authority.
- The competent authority on the basis of findings shall pass such orders as it deems fit.
Provided, procedure prescribed above need not be followed & all or any of its provisions may be waived in the following circumstances.
- When the student charged, admit the charges in writing.
- When the order of punishment is to be placed on facts which have led to the conviction of the student charged for the offence involving moral turpitude
- When the Student charged has absconded or for any other reasons it is impracticable to communicate with him.
- If in the opinion of the competent authority a punishment or fine not exceeding Rs.100/- or reprimand censure, warning is sufficient
- In respect of such student, Head of the Institution shall maintain record of the punishment
- The institution shall on each occasion of any punishment being imposed on any student, intimate by a letter, to be sent under a certificate of posting the fact of such imposition to the parent or guardian of such student on the address available in the college record.